Admissions to Year 12 (September 2022)
Our overarching criteria for admission to our Post 16 centre is a willingness to learn. You must have achieved 5 passes including mathematics and English, where a pass is defined as GCSE 9-4 and pass or better at level 2 BTEC. KS4 attainment 8 scores will also be used to support students in making their overall course choices including the number of post 16 courses to study. In addition to this minimum entry requirement, it is preferable for students to have achieved at least a pass in any subject they intend to study at A-level, if they have studied it at GCSE. All external applicants will be subject to appropriate references from the respective schools and all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
However, the following subject specific entry requirements will also apply:
A level Art | Grade 5 in Art
A Level Biology | Grade 5 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Biology
A Level Chemistry | Grade 5 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Chemistry
Btec Construction | Level 2 Pass in Construction
A Level English Language | Grade 5 or above in GCSE English and/or English Literature
A Level History | Grade 5 in History
A Level Mathematics | Grade 7 or above in GCSE Mathematics
A Level Physical Education | Grade 4 or above in GCSE Biology/Science
A Level Physics | Grade 5 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Physics
A Level Psychology | Grade 5 in English, Maths and Science
Timeline for admissions
Date | Activity
- October | Year 11 - Post 16 opportunities & presentation in tutor period.
- November | Year 11 Information Evening event launched.Application Form is live.
- December | 4th December - Deadline for applications Communication with Year 11 applicants confirming application form has been received and is being processed.
- January | Year 11 students interviews take place and subject choices confirmed.
- February | Year 11 students issued with a letter confirming a place at the Post 16 Centre has been reserved for them, pending GCSE results.
- August | GCSE results issued to Year 11 students.
- September | Year 11 into 12 1:1 Progression Interviews & enrolment confirmation.
Applications to study with us in September 2022 are now open